Saturday, November 15, 2008

Team H Conquers DC

I could not have been more proud of my 28 little nippers, yesterday, as we ventured into DC for our field trip to the newly-remodeled Newseum! I was slightly nervous about losing one or more of them due to a) the vast size of the museum (6 floors), b) the "short" principle in tall crowds, and c) the fact that I could only bring two chaperones with me. I made them name tags, color-coded their groups, and was very clear with them about my behavioral expectations. Hallelujah, it worked!

My students really enjoyed themselves. It amazes me how bright these little angels are, and how much they're able to understand and put together. Hmm…I must be in a good mood because I just called my students angels. Well, to their credit…yesterday, they were.

I am so thankful to be a teacher and to be in the right profession for me. I love my students and I love teaching them and expanding their view of the world. I am ever grateful to work with children. They are darling (most of the time). Children make mistakes and misbehave, but at least you can work with them and mold their behavior. I feel like if I were dealing with adults at work, on a daily basis (who honestly have the same issues as my kids), I would get so frustrated because adults should know better. Kids are new at this. Now is the time for great impact.

Now that we've conquered DC, do you think we can conquer persuasive writing? Multi-digit multiplication? Mesopotamia?



I love the fall colors! Luckily they have decided to stick around for just a little bit longer.


We are lucky to live so close to DC and it's wealth of history.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you use the word nipper? WE are so rubbing off on you! : )

Anonymous said...

Nice post Babe!

Leeny said...

I loved seeing your students. I am sure that you are an awesome teacher. I have alot of praise for teachers because I don't think I could do it and they have one of the most important jobs in childrens lifes other than their own parents.

Chris and Jen said...

Cute class...

...but just a word of warning...make sure you are careful with posting pictures of your students without parents permission...it could turn into a legal nightmare. I am not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to end up with a lawsuit on your hands for posting their pics.

Casey and Allie said...

Thank you, Chris. You're right.

Chris and Jen said...

Actually that was Jen's comment...but also Chris' thoughts,