Thursday, January 1, 2009

Love

Until a few months ago, I didn't understand. Until a few months ago, I didn't get it. How is it that two people can decide to spend the rest of their lives and eternity together? How is it that a person can find someone who loves and cares for them enough, and on top of that, they love that person back the same amount in return? I wondered how anyone decided to get married…I wondered how it all happened…until I met Casey P.

I have learned a few things about love these past few months. Love has no conditions and love has no end. When you love someone, you accept them with their faults and weaknesses, as they do with you. You see the potential in them, you see their individual worth, and you see that it's great. Love is about helping each other reach goals. It's not about changing someone, it's about growing together.

There is a safety in love. It's a wrap-you-up, all encompassing warmth that unites people. Love isn't bought, love isn't compared, and love isn't fake. Somehow, it is just…there…and it will never go away…it only grows with time.

It's that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of thing.

I love my Casey P and I am honored and lucky that he loves me back. I am so excited for us to start our lives together. I feel so blessed that I have found that person with whom I can share eternity. I'm excited for our future…for our family, for our adventures together. I know that it won't always be easy, and I know that hard times will come, but I also know that I will always love my Casey P…my Case Face.

5 comments:

Leeny said...

I am so happy for you and Casey. I saw an old friend of mine last night that was an FBI agent for probally 35 years. He left because his wife was sick and dying and he wanted to spend more time with her at the end. I told him about Casey he said he"ll love it but there are times when he'll be away. But that is true of almost any profession.

Jen said...

Isn't it amazing? It's hard to explain to someone too...love is all-encompassing. I am really happy for you guys!

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

Allie! I am so happy that you found your love :) And let me tell you, the love just keeps growing and growing! It really is true when you hear people say they love their spouse more than the day they got married! I am just so excited for you that you have found that special guy! Now I just have to meet the kid :) Gimme a call when you have some time so I can hear the story!

Shawni said...

Allie, I hardly know what to say I'm SO excited for you! I clicked on here and read all about the engagement and everything right when you told me to check your blog AGES ago, but I was reading it on my blackberry and I don't know how ot make comments on there so I just realized I never even wrote to you and told you how over the moon I am for you and Casey. You sound so incredibly happy and I'm so happy for you to start eternity together. You are so mature and beautiful and ready for this! He sounds like a dreamboat for sure!

On a side-note, this is such a great blog. I so love how you express yourself. You are one amazing girl. That boy sure is lucky to get you!!
Love, Shawni

Shawni said...

Hey, Also, there was an Elder Pixton in my mission (Romania) from VA. I wonder if they're related...